Friday, December 24, 2021

 

Rewinding !

 “Rewinding” ! 

I was just toying with the word ‘rewind’ and was suddenly inspired to ‘rewind’ myself ! What if I go back to my entire life-span and discover some fascinating incidences where I could have corrected my actions for the better. 

At the outset let me admit that I was certainly very fortunate having been born in a noble household,  excellent parents and lovely siblings. However, I was too lazy all my life. I could have achieved much more if only I could cast off that trait in me. (It’s no use lamenting and saying I am no more lazy now ! ) 
My teachers  often remarked that I was brilliant enough but lacked zeal for hard work ! Well, that has been my greatest drawback no doubt. 

Then came a period when I could not overcome ‘stage fear’. I was too meek and shy to speak in public. In fact I could never win an argument even in a small gathering just because of shyness even when I had plenty of armour with me ! And that trait projected me as an ordinary, sub-normal individual (which I was not ! ) .  Inability to express myself properly was certainly unpleasant for me. 

Immediately after graduating from the medical college I should have opted for the Armed Services, which was definitely my dream, or at least pursue post-graduation right away. I did neither and thought of it quite later when my ‘brilliance’ was waxing and waning ! 
I could have at least excelled in general practice, but my inherent meekness could not master that art either ! 

I have had excellent friends and acquaintances having exceptional qualities but am afraid to say whether they also  had similar notions about me ! 

I dreamt of being a true scholar and erudite . Alas, I do not find myself even at the fringe ! 

No, I shall not enumerate my failures alone. I have achieved quite a lot during this life span. A lovely caring and prodding wife and equally wonderful children and grand children are the best asset I possess. And touch wood, am able to live a healthy comfortable life so far. 

Perhaps that’s the reason I can rewind myself at will. It’s like the legendary tortoise, which is mentioned so often in Dnyaneshwari ! 




Best wishes, 
Dr. Rahalkar
24 December 2021
 



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?