Saturday, August 26, 2017

 

Sri Dasbodh (1.6) श्रोतेजन स्तवन

Sri Dasbodh (1.6) Praise unto the Audience.(श्रोतेजन स्तवन)

Sri Samartha says,
1. Now, I make obeisance unto the audience that has assembled here to listen Sri Dasbodh. I find devotees, knowledgeable, Saints, the noble ones, the detached, Yogi, virtuous and truthful listeners seated here.
2. Some are verily ocean full of virtue and some exceptionally intelligent; others are literally a mine of gems and jewels representing words; they are infinite treasure of words.
3. Some are such who quickly grasp and enjoy whatever the orator speaks, whereas some are so very proficient in oratory as per occasion. Some possess such conviction, which dispels entire doubts and suspicion.
4. Some of them appear as very Incarnation of the Lord, since their ability to store knowledge is immense. It looks as if Gods are verily present in this assembly.
5. Looking at such Audience one is inclined to think that virtual Sages that are peace embodied and are brimming with benevolent traits have assembled here. Indeed, the assembly beseems because of them.
6. True meaning of Vedas easily inhabits their conscience. Devi Saraswati literally dances over their tongue and they look like Brihaspati (Brahmadev),  while they begin discussions over poetry, drama or prose .
7. They are immaculate as fire and are Sun rays representing inspiration. Just as Sun rays keep spreading incessantly, their inspiration is ever aroused. Their knowledge is so infinite as to make our universe look extremely insignificant.
8. They are ever vigilant; they are omniscient, being aware of  all three tenses namely past, present and future. They are absolutely ego-less being Atma-Jnyani.
9. Being all-knowing, there is nothing in the world they have not seen. They have mentally visualised entire worthless things taking visible forms.
10. It is common experience that these ardent listeners already know whatever one is going to speak after deep thinking. In that case, whatever new can be added to them through one’s knowledge ?
11. If such is the situation, why to proceed narrating Dasbodh ? Indeed, the fortunate and affluent people do not refuse whatever comes their way. Those are appreciative and enjoy qualities in everyone. Likewise, audience of Dasbodh being truly discerning, I am freely proceeding to narrate the scripture further.
12. The affluent keep relishing variety of best delicacies. However, they do relish simpler items on occasion, in order to maintain their taste and to have  change of taste as well. Likewise, those indulging into Sanskrit Vedic Literature all the time may read this Marathi vernacular scripture, just for a change of taste !
13. It is true that worshipping the Lord ceremoniously as per one’s capacity is difficult. However, nobody ever advocates not to do so.
14. In the same manner, I regard my audience as very form of God alone. I am a weak orator; however, I try to worship the audience-Lord through my crude oratory.
15. In fact, look at my status; I do not possess erudition resulting from systematic study, neither talent nor cleverness. I can not create a well compiled scripture. I do not possess devotion, knowledge and detachment. I am unable to weave beautiful words.
16. Such is my literary status. Nevertheless, the Lord appreciates loving emotions of the worshipper. Therefore I was inspired to write this scripture quietly. The Lord shall overlook my phraseology .
17. You listeners are verily form of the Lord. My erudition will always fall short of your expectations. I am slow-witted; my thinking is not mature enough. In spite of that I am showing over-familiarity.
18. Even an idiotic son of a great man begets greatness in this world. In the same context, even though low and inferior I am yours ! That is why I behave so intimately with you.
19. People are afraid of ferocious animals such as tigers and lions. However, their cubs play and frolic right in front of those.
20. Likewise I am the child of you noble ones and expounding Dasbodh in front of you. There is no doubt that you will take every care of mine.
21. Parents need to support an errant child and they need not be told to do so; likewise, even if I happen to speak something wrong while narrating Dasbodh, it is understood that you Saintly ones will condone me on your own. You Saints will certainly make good whatever falls short of my narration.
22. Indeed, you noble Saints are parents for entire world. You will naturally support me because of your innate motherly affection, since the mind naturally behaves thus out of love and affection.
23. You should please understand my intent and act whatever is just and proper. Me, the servant of servants pray unto you to listen intently whatever will be expounded over the next topic.

                           “Hari Om Tat Sat”



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?