Wednesday, April 15, 2015

 

Just loafing around within....!Just loafing around within…!


Stray thoughts make me roam around within me, without  any motive or reason. For instance, the whereabouts of Rahul Gandhi !! In fact I have nothing to do about it ; no business whatever! However, why should my thoughts get entangled into such unimportant matters? Why? Indeed, the eternal queries – Who, What, Why, When, Where and How – always haunt each one of us; and when we get an answer to any of these, we exclaim ‘Wow’! 


Are our queries always useless? Do we indeed peep within to discover ourselves ever? What makes us look within? Saints and Sages have always exhorted us to ‘know yourself’. Do we really try to do so? In fact, we tend to spend entire time and energies discovering everything except ourselves; we are bothered about whereabouts of some Rahul Gandhi, or anything and everything ‘other’ than ‘me’, which is ‘outside’ me! Do we indeed have time and reason to do so; such perhaps useless and stray thoughts haunt me very often these days and that’s why I said  ‘loafing around’! 

Nevertheless, as Carl Jung said, “ the one who looks outside – dreams; the one looking within- is enlightened”! Indeed, I am looking for enlightenment that is so illusive. In fact, in spite of exhortations by Saints, Sages and even Avatars or teachings from various Scriptures, they can only lead towards the ‘light’. I must search ‘myself’ in that light. During my childhood, my dear father while trying to dispel the fear of darkness from my mind had quipped, ‘don’t be afiraid of darkness; that is always overcome by virtue of our own inherent, intrinsic effulgence’! How true; but we often fail to realise that the light is always within us to enlighten; we need not roam in search of outside resources. Alas! That exactly is our predicament; we fail to sit quiet and look within!


Perhaps ‘loafing around’ within oneself might at last be useful !!


London.     14 April 2015.y



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?